Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just a few things

I do not get a warm and fuzzy feeling about my Philosophy class this quarter. It's one of the basic courses required for graduation but I am worried. I have been on the Dean's List every quarter since I started at Central, but with this class...I'll be thanking my lucky stars if I pass. I hate saying that, I am NOT okay with "just passing", but I also realize that there will be those quarters that I don't do as well as others, and this Philosophy stuff is just over my head. It is Introduction to Logic, and it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult. But it is. The symbols and brackets are killing me.

I'm also taking an Art History class that I'm sort of meh about, although I am doing pretty well in the class. I got an A on my first test, which really made me feel great because I was not very comfortable with the material. Finally this quarter I'm taking a 2 credit class called Introduction to Civic Engagement. It is basically a class that teaches leadership skills and opportunities to volunteer. It is great experience for me because it forces me out of my comfort zone by making me do something I'm not comfortable with but I know will be good for me, and it looks really good on a résumé.

I also have not been feeling the best lately and I learned yesterday that I have a bladder infection. I have no clue how I got it, I have never in my life had a bladder infection or a UTI but I did some research online and WebMD said all women will have at least one in their lives. Lame! Actually I am relieved it's a bladder infection...I thought it was ovarian cancer. Hypochondriac? Maybe. I prefer to think that I am just extremely health conscious. I'm taking a medication that, in addition to relieving the urge to use the bathroom all the time, turns my urine orange. It's not slightly orange, either. It's very orange. Looks like Jell-o. Ha, I'll bet you won't look at orange Jell-o the same again, will you?

The kids are doing great. I registered Catie for kindergarten (absolutely CANNOT believe it! My baby girl!), Jenna is loving t-ball (her first game is Saturday!) and Matthew is as cute as ever and decidedly STUBBORN. He wears me out because he is so busy but, oh I love that boy! He loves to talk, is become quite bashful and clingy, which I love. He can sign "more", "all gone", "milk", and occasionally "please". He also knows quite a few words like doggie, balloon, Jenna, mama, bottle, eat, uh-oh and thank you.

1 comment: