Today I did a "test run". I was very careful about what I ate today (normally I eat whatever's handy), and I did not eat any gluten (aside from a few croutons on my lunch salad), and minimal dairy. I realized in the late afternoon that my stomach wasn't hurting, I didn't feel bloated like I usually do (TMI I know, sorry) and my head wasn't hurting. My joints still hurt but not to the point that I can't move them, like has happened in the past. I figure that will take some time to go away.
I guess it's not totally surprising. I was allergic to milk as a baby and have always been lactose intolerant. As for the gluten, well, gluten is hard on just about everyone to digest. My son is gluten intolerant as well, so now it's a matter of being more careful of what we're all eating and trying to stretch my grocery budget a little more. It's so frustrating to try to eat healthy; the shitty food is what's the cheapest.
So...sigh... we'll see how this goes. I just know I am tired of feeling so bad all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment