Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful

Everybody I know is posting 30 days of being thankful. I love this idea, but remembering to do it was difficult for me.  I have the memory of a gnat. I did it last year, when I was still using Pinterest.

Sometimes it's really hard to remember to be thankful, though, isn't it? When you have 13 assignments due all on one day, or your kids are sick and are up multiple times per night and you still have to go to school (or work) the next day.

Being a mom is hard,especially when you're on your own, but it's also my most favorite thing I've ever done in the world.

I adore my children. I love the little people they are and I love their quirks, the way they talk, the way they smile at me, hug me, call me "mama" instead of "mom" or "mommy", when they laugh, when we all snuggle in on the couch with homemade popcorn and watch a movie together.

I am blessed. I have much to be thankful for. It's hard for me to remember to "update" either here or FB everyday, so I'm going to list what I'm thankful for.

Thankful

  • God, because without Him I would not be where I am today, and as successful as I am.
  • My beautiful children. Without them my life, hands, and heart would be empty... can't and don't want to imagine.
  • My family, who have been there for me, supported me, and loved me unconditionally during some of the most difficult times of my life.
  • My friends, who have listened, offered advice, cried, and laughed with me, and who always help me see things from another angle.
  • Where I am in my life, and for the opportunity that I have to go back to school and better myself, and our lives.  I read once that education makes you a better person, and I really find that to be true in so many ways.
  • I am thankful that I live in the safe community in which I do 
  • For the experience of my marriage.  It's only a mistake if you didn't learn anything from it.  I will never regret it because I have my three beautiful children as a result.  I only regret allowing myself to be a doormat.
  • For what I learned during the time I was married.  Not only did I learn firsthand that abuse is not always physical, but that emotional and mental abuse can leave the deepest scars.
  • I am thankful that I learned what I will not accept from a partner and what an UNhealthy relationship looks like.  
  • I am thankful that I am my own person, and no longer co-dependent and controlled by someone who promised to love me, but instead hurt me and lied to me at every turn.
  • I'm thankful that I know what love is NOT.
  • Truth.  It will set you free.
  • That I am able to show my children that they never have to settle for what someone else thinks they deserve, and to NEVER EVER EVER accept mediocrity.
  • That I can show my children how to live with honesty, integrity, and in truth.
  • Freedom
  • That I am an American
For every single day I draw breath, that I am here, that I am loved and that I love in return, and that I am making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment