Yesterday I went with Jenna's class (and the other two second grade classes) on their field trip to Seahurst Park. It was so much fun and I'm glad I went, but driving across the pass in a school bus is less than ideal. I could feel the vibration in my body all night last night, I swear. Next year if I'm able to go with Catie's class, I think I might drive my own car.
Anyway, this beach is pretty cool. I remember going there on some random field trip when I was a kid but I can't remember the grade. Probably second. I always wanted to take my kids there when I lived on the west side but I never did. Now I wish I had!
This is the same beach that the Fin whale washed ashore last month.
 |
| My groupies! Thomasa, Jenna, and EJ |
 |
| Crabby crab was ready to fight us! |
 |
| They found a moon snail |
 |
| My little fancy pants fashionista |
 |
| Isn't my girl gorgeous?! She makes that hermit crab look good. |
 |
| Moon snail does not want to play |
 |
| Moon snail. Looks like a brain, according to the kids. Gross, but cool. |
 |
| Red tide |
 |
| Sand dollar |
 |
| One of my favorite things about this trip were the gorgeous purple starfish |
 |
| My Olympics! Soooo homesick for Port Angeles! |
We also saw what looked like an internal organ of some marine animal on the beach. Maybe it was from the fin whale! (I'm excited because that thought just occurred to me). I hope that's not really what it was because the kids were poking it. With their fingers.
Down sides of the trip were: the aforementioned school bus ride and the zipper in my brand new jeans broke!
No comments:
Post a Comment