Friday, February 15, 2013

Matthew-isms


I love my son so much.  Matthew is the wittiest three year old in existence, I'm sure.  I think he must have been British in a past life.  He makes me laugh on a daily basis, which makes it difficult to discipline him.

For example, the other night he was tired and we were just having a rough time.  So I took him to his room to calm down, and he yelled at me, "I've had it with you!"  It took everything I had to remain serious.

A couple weekends ago, he asked me to get something from his bedroom.  His blankie, I think.  I told him I was sorry, but I couldn't; I was busy.  His response, "Well, so am I!"

Two days ago, he told me my hair was "beautiful".  As I thanked him, he told me, "Yeah, it's so CRAZY!"

Yesterday morning, when I woke him up for school, the first thing he said was, "I want Dominic" (his BFF at school).  I LOVE that he has a BFF!  I hope they will always be bestest buds.

Matthew is also very complimentary.  He tells me all the time how "beautiful" I am, how much he loves me and missed me when he was at school.  Today he told one of his teachers, "I like your hair", and he will also compliment people on what they're wearing.

Once, though, Matthew wrinkled his nose and asked me what was wrong with my hair.  It's bad when your three year old knows it.

When Matthew thinks you're upset with him, he will say things like, "I love you" or "I like your hair" or "I missed you" because he thinks it keeps him out of trouble.  It's SO HARD to stay upset with him!

Matthew loves music, and can sing along with most of the songs on my iPhone.  His favorites are anything from The Muppets soundtrack, "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri (that's our song), "Brick" by Ben Folds Five, "Marry You" by Bruno Mars, and lately, Matchbox Twenty.

He is a quirky little guy, and so much like me.  I just adore him.  He is everything I have ever wanted in a son and I just could not imagine my life without him.  He is exactly who I dreamed of when I started dreaming of my son all those years ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment