Because I don't want to forget.
Saturday we went to the park. It was freezing and we left after only an hour, but nobody was really ready to go home. So we drove around town and we were actually out of town a bit, and we drove by a house that had some cows, including some with horns. Jenna said, "Wow, mom, look! Those cows have horns!" and I agreed with her. Matthew piped up and said, "Dem not cows, dem are weindeers!"
Also at the park, he had to go to the bathroom. The city locks all the bathrooms in the winter so they were not open yet. He had to pee on a tree. His response, "I like to pee on dat twee!"
Upon waking up in the morning, he will look at me earnestly and tell me, "I did not pee my pants" and I'll ask him if he's sure. Then he'll say, "Weeeeell, actually, I did..."
The other day, he was playing, and I'm not quite sure what he did, but he hurt his junk. He came to me, crying, and said he hurt his "peanuts".
We listen to the Les Misérables soundtrack a lot, and every time he hears it he says "Oooh! It's Lizard-a-boz" (Also works for The Wizard of Oz, one of his favorite movies.)
Saturday night we had a movie night, but he was exhausted from staying up late the night before and playing at the park earlier. So he fell asleep cuddled up in my lap. I was just wishing the other day that he still did that. I just let him sleep there until the movie was over, I loved it so much.
This morning he got in bed with me and snuggled up to me. He told me "I love you", I told him I loved him too. Then he said, "I love my sisters" and I told him they loved him too. Ahhhh... love my boy.
Today he was bringing the garbage can in for me. Our house is on a private drive with only four houses on it, so I don't worry about him walking in the road as long as I'm with him. Anyway, he was pushing the can in, standing in the middle of our road, and said, "Hey, that tree is in my way" (There was no tree.)
Also, today he was playing with his cars in his room. I love it when he does this because when he plays alone, he sings to himself. His repertoire ranges from "Marry You" to "Jingle Bells" to anything by Katy Perry to "Santa Claus is coming to town"
I checked on him while he was playing outside, and he said, "I was pretending to pee my pants. PRETENDING" Ummm...okay then!
No comments:
Post a Comment