Monday, February 25, 2013

My thoughts on the 2013 Oscars

My first time watching the Academy Awards since I was in high school.  Here's what I thought:

Why is Peter Brady hosting?

Loved Adele.

Anne Hathaway!  Woohoo!  Totes deserved it, and I cried more than she did.

Who is Jennifer Lawrence?

Les Misérables lost to Argo...meh.  Acceptable, I suppose, but only because Ben Affleck got choked up during his acceptance speech.  Oh and Alan Arkin is pretty great.

Hugh Jackman was robbed.  Daniel Day Lewis is great and all, but...he's no singing Wolverine.

5 comments:

  1. What?! "Who is Jennifer Lawrence?" She's the only person who showed up with a personality (beside George Clooney who is always charming!) I love her! (P.S. Did you see that when she fell on the stairs the only two people in the room who jumped up to help were Hugh Jackman and Bradley Cooper? Such gentlemen!)

    I felt bad for Anne Hathaway ONLY because she is so flat-chested that they had to sew nipples into her dress for her.

    Kidding, of course, but what were those pleats supposed to be?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Hugh Jackman came to her rescue! (I did not see Bradley Cooper, but I really cannot tear my eyes away from my ideal for any reason.) One of the many, many reasons I love that man.

      I saw pictures of the dress Anne was supposed to wear...she totally should have, even though it did look a lot like Amanda Seyfried's dress.

      And yes I have never heard of Jennifer Lawrence until Silver Linings Playbook. Apparently she was in the Hunger Games? I got sucked into Twilight against my will, I put my foot down at The Hunger Games!

      Delete
    2. NO! You MUST watch The Hunger Games! It's way different than Twilight, better in my opinion. At least read the books. The books were better than the movie anyway.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh.... Hunger Games SO MUCH BETTER than those silly vampire novels (that I was totally obsessed over but just about forget after reading Hunger Games). Jennifer Lawrence played the main character... and she's one of the few people that I've ever actually liked casted in a novel that I loved. I always hate casting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. Everybody says that. I watched Twilight to appease my friend, but with school, I just hesitate to get sucked into something else to read. You know, besides textbooks.

      Delete