Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"All Along I Believed I Would Find You"

Last night I heard "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri for the first time.  I downloaded it and realized that it was unfortunately associated with Twilight, but I was willing to overlook that transgression. (But I mean, really, Christina Perri? Twilight? You wrote Jar of Hearts...you're better than that.)  It was too perfect.  I was...speechless.  Everything about that song was meant for me and my little man.  The way I used to dream about him before ever thinking of trying to conceive a child and knowing he was waiting for me; the way I knew I would have a son; the way I knew I HAD to have him, the despair I felt when I thought he might not be...

So...enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. ohmygosh...*sniff*...that was...*sob*...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I totally forgot his baby hair!

    I love that song too... and had the exact same reaction when I realized it was for Twilight. I try to forget that.

    ReplyDelete